The mission of Virtual High School is to educate each student to meet or exceed Cincinnati Public Schools’ defined academic standards by completing an individualized, computer-assisted, standards-based curriculum. Virtual High School will create a climate where each individual is respected and valued. The educational process will support the development of the whole person.
Our vision for the Virtual High School is that each student will leave the school:
- Prepared academically
- Prepared socially
- Prepared emotionally to pursue higher education in any field of his/her choice.
The Virtual High School reflects the philosophy that all members of the school family will apply their skills, knowledge, time and experiences to achieve student success.
The Virtual High School family believes:
- In the goodness, dignity and worth of each person.
- That all can learn and develop their gifts.
- That there must be respect for each person.
- That learning is a life-long journey.
- That all have rights, roles and responsibilities for which they are accountable.
Those students must prepare well now for a satisfying future in making the world a better place in which to live by supplying students with academic foundations that can pave the way to self-sufficiency and productive citizenship.