Cincinnati Public Schools is hiring Substitute Teachers to serve the district's growing student population.
What: Substitute Teacher Hiring Event
When: 4–6 p.m. Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Where: Covedale Elementary, 5130 Sidney Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45238 (Please park and enter in the back of the building)
What are the requirement to be a substitute teacher?
- Bachelor's degree (as evidenced by official transcript with degree conferred)
- ODE Substitute Teaching License
How do I apply for a substitute teaching license?
To apply for a Substitute Teacher License, create an OH|ID (formerly SAFE) account with the Ohio Department of Education — Click on the sub-link for Substitute Teachers to review what is required by the state, and make a decision on the type of license you want to apply for (short-term or long-term sub). You may need an IRN# 043752 to apply for the license. CPS is listed under Cincinnati City.
Those who receive job offers will be processed on-site to expedite starting dates.
Bring with you:
- Official, original transcripts
- ODE License
- Birth certificate or Passport
- Social Security Card
- Driver's License or Ohio ID
- Three letters of reference (or emails on the application)
- CPS will require background checks upon hiring. ($50 cash)
Register for the event. (Registering ahead of time will expedite the process once you arrive but it is NOT required to attend!)
Questions? Contact Eric Ogletree, Human Resources, Talent Acquisitions Specialist, or (513) 363-0164 or Julie Ayers, Substitute Administrator Assigned to HR, (513) 363-0269